The Akash Network is the world’s first open-source cloud network, built on spare resources computers can provide. If you are a developer or a business and looking to build an app, you can use the Akash Network to bid for computing power from other providers.
Why use the Akash Network?
According to the Akash website, the network will be cheaper than most cloud providers. However, cloud providers can also offer their not utilised or idle resources to the network, making it more efficient to run their hardware. You can also purchase a Supermini on their website to become a provider of the Akash DeCloud Network, a simple plug and play device which can earn Akash. Although it is currently sold out, they claim this machine to be the world’s most powerful portable supercomputer, so if you are interested, make sure you join the waitlist.
Akash also provides a fast, more efficient, and low-cost deployment and hosting solution for the Helium validator software.
“Helium validators running on Akash will have unique advantages such as setting their cost for deployment, scaling up quickly to multiple nodes without building their own Kubernetes cluster, settling payments using cryptocurrency, and switching cloud providers and regions instantly…The blockchain validator community values decentralization, and Akash’s permissionless decentralized cloud meet that key requirement.”Greg Osuri, CEO of Akash Network.
- Supermini – https://akash.network/supermini
- Helium Collaboration – https://akash.network/blog/akash-network-provides-decentralized-cloud-to-the-largest-internet-of-things-iot
- Deploy and app – https://docs.akash.network/guides/deploy
- Whitepaper – https://akash-web-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2020/03/akash-position.pdf
- Become an Akash provider – https://docs.akash.network/guides/provider
- Concerns around censorship – https://www.reddit.com/r/akashnetwork/comments/n2uc4w/how_does_a_decentralized_cloud_handle_hosting/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xlOVeUXd90&t=2400s
What cryptocurrency I should buy next? Make sure you comment below, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, hit the subscribe button on our Youtube Channel if you haven’t done it yet so that you can stay up to date with the latest news and information about cryptocurrencies.
Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. Anything shown in these videos are for entertainment purposes only. Invest at your own risk and do not use money you cannot afford to lose. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links may be affiliate links that support this channel.